What Is Root Canal Therapy?
Did you know that each tooth contains a long, thin strand of dental pulp that provides the tooth with nutrients and nerves and extends through the tooth’s root? If the pulp becomes infected or injured, the tooth’s nerves die without endodontic treatment. In this
When Would I Need A Root Canal?
Sometimes there are no signs at all that you need a root canal. That is why it is so important to visit the dentist regularly for checkups. Most of the time, however, you will experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- You experience severe pain when you chew or if pressure is applied to your tooth/teeth.
- You have a sensitivity to heat or cold, even after the hot or cold item is removed from your mouth.
- Your tooth or teeth become discolored or dark.
- Your gums swell or become tender.
- You have a bump on your gums that is persistent or recurring.